Friday, November 14, 2008

I've been slacking!

Wow! I just noticed that my last post was on October 26th. The only justification I have is that my 90-year-old mother has been very sick. She just got out of the hospital, and since she lives with me I have been staying home taking care of her this past week. Watching her suffer rips my heart apart, and yet despite my own feelings of powerlessness I am in awe. She has been through so much this past year: shingles, kidney stones, several blood transfusions, congestive heart failure, weekly procrit shots, more kidney stones, lung problems, knees that don't work, reactions to medications, and so on. Despite her never-ending medical problems and her advanced years, she was still driving her car around town up until this past summer. At one point, she left the hospital after a week's stay due to a systemic infection prompted by her kidney stones and insisted on going with me to visit her grandson in Kentucky. Even now, as sick as she is, she lifts her tired head up to talk to me about plans (she loves to plan!) for my son and daughter-in-law's baby shower in March. She's so proud that she will be a great grandmother in April!

I have much to learn from her inner strength and resilience!

No comments:

INDULGE YOURSELF WITH THESE BATHBOMBS FROM LUSH!

Read Books by Phenomenal Life Coaches