Monday, September 8, 2008

Coming Up Empty!

I'm sitting here at my computer, racking my brain over a topic for this blog post. It seems like the harder I try to think of something, the more illusive that something becomes. Feeling stuck, the anxiety starts to set in; and then I remind myself to breathe! After two deep inhalations, I feel a shift within - and I realize that this process is a metaphor for our lives.

We women all too often pressure ourselves on a consistent basis to perform, accomplish, maintain, lead, engage, plan, satisfy, and so on. Some of us begin to feel a sense of paralysis take over as we walk around in a semi-conscious state, feeling totally inadequate in relationship to the tasks at hand. We forget to take care of ourselves in the process.

The very act of breathing deeply has the power to slow us down, replenish our spirits, and allow us time to gain some perspective on our situation. We might even decide to give ourselves a much-deserved break.

I think I'll take one myself!

Copyright © 2008 by Holly Cox, L.C.P.C. C.D.C. ®

No comments:

INDULGE YOURSELF WITH THESE BATHBOMBS FROM LUSH!

Read Books by Phenomenal Life Coaches