Monday, March 3, 2008

Enjoy the Present While Creating the Future!

For many of us, the idea of transforming our lives sounds like a fairy tale. It seems like we've been dreaming about that illusive "someday" forever, yet we never actually arrive in "someday land" since we keep projecting further into the future. "When I lose weight, I'll feel good." "When I get married, I'll be happy." "Having children will fulfill me." "When my children get older, I'll have more time." Daydreaming about the future is not bad in itself; however, when we stop enjoying the present because it never matches up to our fantasies, we often become disillusioned. It's possible to take daily action steps toward our dreams while enjoying life to the fullest in the present moment. We can:
  • take a moment before we get out of bed in the morning to stretch, savor the sensation of being alive, and set clear intentions for what we want our day to look like.
  • Check in with ourselves on a regular basis and ask some of these questions . . . What do I need to do for myself in this moment? If I were determined to make the most out of this day, what would I do? What are the sensations in my body right now? What does IT need? What matters most to me today? If I made taking care of myself a priority today, what would I do differently?
  • Find a way to pamper ourselves each day - reading a good book, taking a walk, getting a manicure/pedicure, taking time to enjoy our meals, talking to a friend, writing a letter, journaling, meditating, napping, etc.
  • Learn to enjoy our own company.
  • Dress to please ourselves.
  • At the end of the day, take time for reflection.
Copyright 2008 by Holly Cox

No comments:

INDULGE YOURSELF WITH THESE BATHBOMBS FROM LUSH!

Read Books by Phenomenal Life Coaches